Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easy Marinara Sauce


On Friday I usually make pizza. One Friday I realized that I didn't have any tomato sauce. I had already been to the store that day and didn't want to go back for one jar of tomato sauce, so I looked around to see what I had in the pantry and came up with this sauce. It turned out really well. Try it, you'll like it!

Easy Marinara Sauce

2 cans diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If you want a chunkier sauce, blend it using the pulse mode on your food processor or blender until it's the consistency that you want. Heat and serve over pasta or use as a pizza sauce.

3 comments:

loves2spin said...

For decades I made our pizza sauce, but of course your recipe looks tons better. Where did you learn to cook? It couldn't have been from me.

April said...

I learned to cook from you, I did!

loves2spin said...

Odd.... Actually not odd at all. Except for playing the piano, everything I ever taught my kids they have taken up several notches. It's nice. Now as I lose my memory, I can get their help with stuff. I once asked Lydia how she learned to knit the "European" way and she told me that I had taught her! I guess I learned enough of it to show her how and then she ran with it, but I didn't actually take it up myself until many years later... :)