Friday, May 29, 2009

Orange Glazed Baby Carrots


The carrots that "taste like candy!" - according to my 6-year-old.


Orange Glazed Baby Carrots
~

1 pound freshly cooked baby carrots (you want to them to be slightly hard because they will continue to cook in the glaze)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon pure orange extract
1 pinch salt

Combine water, brown sugar, butter, vinegar, orange extract and salt in a saucepan. On medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Add cooked baby carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes until the sauce gets very thick and coats the carrots.

1 comment:

Yellow Chick said...

They are quite delicious! I wish I hadn't forgotten we had leftovers... I would have eaten more before I left!